Friday, September 18, 2009

Thankfulness.

It's amazing how thankfulness can pull you away from yourself. It's like a Holy Remedy for all forms of selfishness. The Bible tells us to thank God for our struggles, and I don't know about you, but when I've tried to do that, my words come out half hearted and weak. It seems like nothing is happening, but if you look at yourself at the end of a day of thankfulness, it's like looking at a different person.
I woke up this morning, and I was EXHAUSTED. I couldn't see straight when I was trying to read, and I could hardly get up my three flights of stairs this morning after class. I was kind of angry about it. Whining about how little sleep I got, and worrying about how I'm going to get anything done today. I decided to thank God for the day, and be glad because I have this day full of opportunities, and suddenly, I didn't feel that tired anymore. I was ready to learn, and ready to love others.
God is so good to us. He is with us and for us, every day, every time. He loves us even when we don't love Him, and He forgives us when we fall. I'm so thankful for Him, because without Him, I wouldn't be where I am.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica-You're right- being thankful does change your attitude. And when you're thankful for your troubles, you are telling God you trust Him, and you believe He only has the best for you.

    Aunt Linda suggested that I list 5 little blessings from God every day. I couldn't believe how that changed my attitude. I found I started to look for those blessings, so I could write them down.

    ReplyDelete