Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Food is worship.

Lately, I've been forgetting to thank the Lord for the food I eat. I'll scarf down what I can, make it look like I didn't eat much, and get dessert. Instead of making what I eat, when I eat, and how much I eat about God's provision, I make it about myself, and how much I can get.
What I realized today, is that eating food can be worship! It can be a time where we thank God for His many provisions! Instead of making our mealtime prayers to Him a routine, like a speech we recite, that time can be a time when our hearts overflow with thanks and worship!
When I realize that I'm making my eating disorder the focus of my mealtimes, my goal is to push his voice out and make it about God. That will go a long way to make God the center of my life. I don't think it's going to be easy, since ed's voice has been pretty much a constant in my life, but I'm going to try. I want to take time at every meal and make a conscious effort to thank Him for His provisions and grace.

God, please push your way into the center of my life. Force aside the distractions, and just be the center. You are what I need, not ed, not myself. Thank you for everything you have provided for me! You are so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment