Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Easy As Pie... So far.

Before I do anything else, I want to thank those of you who were there for me last night. It meant the world to me to know that you care, and I'm just so thankful to God for you.

Today is day 1 of me giving up sugar. To be honest, it hasn't been that bad. I now have a response to my cravings: I can't have that because I gave up sugar. So in that sense, it's made things easier.

It's still a struggle to wake up in the morning and choose to trust God, but I think He's teaching me how to do that, so I'm hopeful. I think that's the difference between today and yesterday: I have hope. And that is such a HUGE thing. I think God knows exactly what we need when we need it. I needed to have a meltdown in order to come back to Him. I needed to really feel the pain that I'd been stuffing down, in order to find relief. His plan is always better than ours, and I'm finding that out more and more each day.

God, thank you for everything you've given me. Thank you for the family and friends that I have that always support me. Thank you so much for being exactly what I need when I need it. You are beautiful and holy.

1 comment:

  1. Erica, you've taken a good positive first step. You are on the right track. I am so glad you have hope. I think trust and obedience equals hope. Trust in a God who never leaves us and obedience to a God who helps us do the right thing results in hope. You are not alone in this journey. I still care. And I still love you. :) Mom

    ReplyDelete